Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

g606

repair credit loans.or bankruptcy .
Wife passed away this January . I'm thinking of purchasing a home . Bill from medical credit cards , utilities and County Recovery . 90% are in her name my last name . I'm looking to purchase a home for 60,000 -80,000 . What should I do repair or bankruptcy ? Total amount of Bills ? No more than 25,000 ,my income alone 10,000-15,000 last year 44,000 together.

My most sincere condolences on the death of your wife.  There are so many things to think about and get resolved in the next several months.  And, frankly, it is too soon to make any major decisions such as buying a house.  There is a home affordability financial tool on this site you might consider using after everything is straightened out.  You could consider a medical bankruptcy which eliminates responsibililty for those high medical bills if they are not covered by insurance.  Your best advice on that would be a bankruptcy attorney and you can find those that offer free initial consultations in the phone book.  The general advice given the bereav[ed by so many advisors is to make NO Major decisions for one to two years after a loved one passes.  Please take your time, investigate carefully, and think things over before acting.

​And no loan to pay those bills, either, please.