Question

pnreynolds

Removing Repossession to raise score
I had a car repo due to a dispute with the lender. I know everyone says this but they literally quoted me fees and payments based on the wrong contractual state. After 4 years of payments on a car that was $10K i still owed $15K and had paid $15K already. I opted to let it go on principal and start over.
Now I want to purchase a house and the bank advised me to dispute the charge off amount ($11K after being sold) to get my credit score up.
I'm just wondering if disputing this will actually work. I contacted a lawyer and he also said that disputing this could get it off. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this. The bank is saying I will have to pay this in order to be approved for a loan once my credit score is higher.

You could try, but disputing is only for disputing inaccurate information, is anything inaccurate? Give it a try and hope for the best, but I am not sure what reason you will give when disputing, if you do an online dispute there will be different boxes to check for the reason. Beyond that, if it doesn't work, find a good consumer lawyer that practices in your state and maybe they can figure something out, it sounds to me that the lender likely did something illegal with your loan, but that will be for an attorney to answer.