Question

wahine777

Removing an old bankruptcy
I know this question has been asked before, but I'm hoping for a little more detail about the process. I have a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy that was filed on June 21, 2004 - now more than 10 years old. I want to get that off my credit report ASAP rather than waiting around for it to drop off - how can I get it removed in the most expeditious way? Thanks in advance for help from this community.

It will be dropping off after the courts notify the credit bureaus that it has been completed, and that may take another month or two.  Patience is required when dealing with a government entity.