Question

staang66

removed collections showing up on open collections
I have a debt that shows up from 3 different collection agency's. 2 of them have been removed from my reports. I at a point where I can afford to pay my debts but I'm not sure if I should pay it since its been removed twice.

Removed twice, but not the third time, why? It is possible that the first two were removed because they no longer owned the account, but the third collector now owns the account and that is why it remains? Maybe? I am not sure. Before paying collection accounts, be absolutely sure that you take some time to read up on how to proceed. Read about the "statute of limitations to be sued for this type of debt in your state" "determine when the accounts will fall off your reports due to the 7 year rule" "read about pay for delete agreements" and understand that getting the collection completely removed from your credit reports would be much better than just getting it marked as paid. Do not enter into any payment agreements with collection companies. Do some reading on "settling accounts for less than owed" but be aware that when you do that the chance of a "pay for delete" will diminish. Also when dealing with collection companies do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act).