Question

dj6807

Recently raised credit, should I or shouldn't I open new credit accounts?
I raised my credit score from low 600s to mid 700s in the past several months, I've already opened a discover card with my new higher credit score, so now I have 2 credit accounts.

Should I open more credit accounts to strengthen my credit score even more? or would opening too many credit accounts in a small amount of time hurt my credit score?

New accounts and recent inquiries can casue your score to drop if you have a short credit history. To maintain a solid score it is important to have a mix of credit, a credit card, an auto loan, and a mortgage. I would use those cards a little each month, with 6-12 months of on time payments you will see your score keep rising.