Question

czokal91

Raising Score above 650
I feel like I'm stuck at the same score. For the last few months, I have really worked on lowering my credit utilization from 40% now down to 13% on each of my cards that carry balances. I have nothing in collections and no bad marks. I've followed a lot of the advice on here, but I can't seem to raise it any more. I am trying to qualify for a mortgage but when it is a lower score, it's tricky.

Most Helpful Response

IF you don't have any installment accounts you need one.  It can raise your scores by adding "credit diversity" into your report.  Credit diversity is worth 10% of your FICO score.  

Contact your bank or local credit union about a signature loan or "credit builder loan" that will report as an installment account.