Question

Mirzaa

Question about authorized user and main account
I had my father removed from my credit card as authorized user, but a few days after I checked my report on credit karma and it says "credit card removed from your report". Does that mean my account was deleted or my fathers? My account is still open even after that statement. I'm confused. My dads report doesn't say anything and his account is still open as authorized user.

Most Helpful Response

What is on your actual credit report? Is it still "open" and on your report? Most of time I disregards what credit karma "says".

If it was your account and its reported as "removed" on your account, I would suggest there was an error in reporting by the Credit card to the Bureau.   I would allow it 30 days to update/correct and if it is still missing, I would contact the credit card company and/or file a dispute with the bureau.   Unless there was the slightest chance that the account was so old and you had used it for so long, it was your fathers and you were the authorized?

My card still says "open" on my account even though the changes section says "credit card removed from your account"  the number of accounts still are the same and all are open  

its my account with my dad as authorized user which I removed recently.