Question

Mystice2U

Question about accounts removed early
I broke a lease agreement that was sent to collections. According to Credit Karma it was removed as of Jan 13, 2015 which is a year early than it should have, and it wasn't paid off. It only reflects this through credit karma though. When I viewed my 3 credit reports (Transunion included, which apparently is what Credit Karma uses) through creditreport.com it shows it as still open. I'm concerned it was inaccurately removed from credit karma, is that possible? I've heard that if I contact someone who owns my debt (even if it's about to fall off) can re-open it and start again from that date. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Most Helpful Response

Info on your credit reports

IS NOT updated instantainously.  Even in todays modeern technilogical world, credit reproting agencies do not update info right awasy.  it can take a month for everythng to get reported across all 3 credit bueeaus.  Since they update your report once a month, things the CK might be reporting to you may not show up on your report for a week or two. 

You do not want to contact a collections company, particularly if something is being removed. so let the system do its work and check those reports in a few weeks and see whats going on then 

Mystice2U

Thank you very much EddyTX for the helpful info! I will wait a couple months and then check again. If it is still on the other reports after say 3 months or so should I then dispute it? I'm not famaliar with how this works and I'm trying to repair my credit.