Question

rybread7293

Purchases Made During CC "Grace Period"
Okay so I'm new to the credit card world so I'm trying to wrap my head around this a bit and I'm not understanding it as of now. My billing cycle runs from the 14th-13th and my due date is the 10th of the following month. I got a bill for a $250 statement balance due on the following 10th; however, once my statement was generated, I made a few more purchases (let's say $500) during this "grace period." I then made a payment for $600 a day after making those purchases (thinking I would pay off the statement balance and the current balance). If I do nothing else before the 10th, will I be charged interest on that remaining $150 or no since I made a payment covering the statement balance before the due date? Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

No Interest on the 150 based on making the payment before the due date. 

rybread7293

That's what I had thought I understood, but it just didn't seem clear to me that my payment went towards reducing the balance on the statement rather than the current balance. Thank you!