Question

dgale6972

Private student loan default
I recently found out one of my private student loans has gone into default. I have been in contact with the company and they send me directly to the debt collectors. I am working on setting up a new payment schedule with the collectors. Other then paying off my private loan is there anything else I can do to help my credit? Should I look into credit counseling like credit repair.com? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No it sounds like you are taking all the steps you can. There are other things you can do to start helping with your credit unrelated to the student loan though. Spend some time reading the article here to learn.