Question

RPK79

Portfolio Recovery collection agency
Not really a question, more of an short rant. I just called these people to settle on some debt. We agreed on a dollar amount and I was going to pay them with a CC, but they don't accept credit cards...

This is very old debt. It's too old to sue me on. I don't get a bump in my score by paying it. I'm thinking about buying a home this year and the lenders I spoke with last year wanted my collections to be below $2k and I have a choice of paying these guys or another company to drop below that amount. I guess they don't want my money and I'll have to go with the other company.