Question

LiLMama2805

Poor Credit, Single mother, Outstanding student loans, Currently diagnosed as disabled
On my credit report my score is listed as very poor. I'm a single mother of a 3 soon to be 4 year old. I signed up for school so I could stay home with my son, But had to stop after a few semesters due to a tragedy in my family, My cousin and her kids were perished in a house fire and other personal things along with that had occurred within the same time frame and I was devastated and my Psychologist recommended that I take a break from school. So, I took his advice and then was involved in a terrible car accident and have been going through multiple surgeries. My Neurosurgeon diagnosed that I am disabled and unfortunately will not be able to hold a job due to my conditions and injuries. I don't know what to do anymore, I feel lost.. I'm currently waiting for the decision from the Administrative Law Judge from my hearing for disability, but as for right now, I'm stuck in a rut and can't seem to find daylight...

Calm Down, all is not lost.

I'm so sorry you've gone through so much trauma in such a short time.  Raising a child by yourself is hard work, too. (Been there).

If you get rated as totally disabled, you can apply for a student loan debt cancellation.  I had to do that since I absolutely cannot work.  You will have a 3 year waiting period during which they will want annual verification that you have not held a job during that time.  Then the loans will be cancelled.

If you get the disability rating, you may qualify for SSI, you will (and likely do now) qualify for food stamps.  I suggest applying for low-income energy assistance and (after the hearing determines your disability rating) consult with the Disabled Services office to see what other assistance you can get.  One thing that will really help, also (and you may qualify right now) is Title 8 rent subsidy, aka "HUD".  It's a federal subsidy that pays rent on a sliding scale based on income.  

Hope this gets you up and seeing a brighter future.