Question

tachi210

poor credit, just applied for a secured credit card, will it help?
My credit score is about 647 (transunion), I have currently no credit cards open. they have all been closed but paid off. I just applied for a secured credit card with capital one. will it help my credit? if so how long and what steps do I need to take?

Most Helpful Response

It usually takes about 6 months to start re-establishing a good history. Make small purchases, pay them off in full each month, if you do carry a balance; keep it under 10% utilization of your credit limit... Good luck my friend....