Question

NJMan85

Points increase after removing public record?
Public Record is for a closed Judgement from 2011 that I just found on my Credit Reports from TU, EQ & EX. Currently put in a dispute to verify status of Judgements.

I also called the Superior court and referenced the docket # and they confirmed it has been closed. Should I expect this to be removed after their investigation? If so, how many points can I expect my score to increase in for removing this only record on file?

I'm in a similar situation: I'm currently arguing with the state of Pennsylvania over a tax lien that should never have been filed (the taxes were paid in full, on time, via employer deductions). It was from 2008, but it only hit my credit reports recently, and my scores promptly took about a 50-point dive. Once a public record is on your reports, it stays there for seven years ... unless you can convince the original owner/creditor to remove it :-(