Question

billrata

Plenyt of cash and equities to see me through, should I use credit just to show some actions in it?
I'm just retiring and have plenty of cash and other things available. Should I use my cards just to show some action in them, and just pay off as the bill comes in to avoid the interest?

I use my reward credit cards for almost all my monthly expenses, and pay them in full every month. I earn points and/or actual cash rewards. You can do something along that line.  If you'll never need a loan for anything in the future, then it's up to you. Keep in mind it's a good idea to charge something on your cards at least every six months to a year. Some lenders will close the account or reduce the limits from non use.