Question

PatsAreWinning

Phoenix Financial won't provide written agreement
After many phone calls I finally tracked down the owner of a collection on my credit report. On the phone with a rep from Phoenix Financial I discussed with him that I would be happy to pay my collections if he would send me a written agreement saying that my paid collections would no longer be reported. He gave me verbal confirmation, but told me his company did not send written confirmation. Any advice on how to get this paid and deleted would be very helpful. How can I get written confirmation from them? Would recording my phone call with him and getting a verbal agreement be enough proof to have in case they keep reporting? Thanks in advance for the help!

Some collection companies will refuse to put this in writing because technically it is probably borderline illegal and would surely be breaking the agreement they have with the credit bureaus. The only thing that you can do is to get a rep on the phone and get them to verbally agree to delete the account for your payment and then make the payment and hope for the best.