Question

NorCalGrl42

PayPal Credit - confused? Help!
A couple of years ago I had paypal smart connect I think it was called. They did a hard inquiry and it messed up my Equifax report. At the beginning of 2016 I signed up for their actual "Pay Pal Credit" - I bought things and paid them off every single month, assuming it would help build my credit since the PP smart connect or whatever had made an impact (even though that was paid similarly) . Does anyone have a clue why my PayPal Credit doesn't count or isn't included in my credit report? This is hella confusing! Thanks!

Look at your bill for Paypal Credit ( thinking you should have some type of statement ) and there should be a phone number on it.  Call them and ask why it's not reporting. 

from what I can see ( quick google ) Paypal Credit is a Line of Credit from "Comenity Capital Bank"

How did a hard inquiry mess up your credit? A hard inquiry will cause a temp drop in score...recovers quickly.

Paypal credit doesn't report unless you're late or delinquent. It's a hidden trade line.