Question

peacefuwarrior

payment history differs between transunion and equifax
my payment history with Transunion is 100% (excellent) and with Equifax it's 88.1% (very poor) - why is this and how can I fix it? Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

Obvious bug by Credit Karma

This is an obvious bug in Credit Karma's web site.  Credit Karma correctly shows that payment history has a high impact on one's credit score.  Credit Karma also correctly shows that my credit score is very similar (extremely high) between TransUnion and Equifax.  Yet Credit Karma says that my payment history is Excellent at TransUnion but Very Poor at Equifax.

When I drill down into the Equifax credit report, nothing is wrong at all.  Obviously, I have no missed payments with anyone, ever.  But I do have 3 closed accounts that have no payment history at all--the creditor never reported it.  Equifax understands that this is the creditor's choice, and has nothing to do with me; but Credit Karma incorrectly counts those accounts as "missed payments."

Credit Karma needs to fix its web site.

qiangqiang

Enter Your Reply I had the same issue. TransUnion showed as Excellent in payment history. Equifax was poor. But when I check the credit reports, all the accounts exhibited as no missed payment. I can't find where those 6 missed payments came from...

CK needs fix it...

If you have ever checked all three credit reports, you will find that there are generally different creditors listed on each of them, so there will be differences in the scores depending on what is reported to each credit bureau.