Question

MsFixIt2017

Paying on account that says "Closed. 120-149 Days Late"
So I have a carecredit account that has the following status on my credit report: Closed. 120-149 Days Late.

On the care credit website it states:

Your account will remain Past Due until the Total Minimum Payment Due is satisfied.
Total Minimum Pay Due$2,812.90 on 03/19/17
Min Payment due includes $2,334.00 (Amount Past Due) + $477.98 (Minimum Payment This Period)

My question is , if i pay $477.98 before 03/19/17 , will that

(1) stop the time from passing ? ie. go from 120-149 Days Late to 0 days ?

(2) or do i have to pay the Total Minimum Pay Due of $2,812.90 to have it reported as 0 days late ?

(3) if the account is already closed and i start paying on the balance, what remark will be listed on my credit report and what effect will it have on my score ?

It doesn't matter what amount you pay if any, the late payments are not going to disappear, they remain for seven years on your credit. I suggest reading all that you can on this subject, I advise you to not make any payments toward the account unless it is one in full or unless you are absolutely sure that you can follow the payment plan through. Why I say this is that if the account does eventually reach Charge Off status you would be prolonging the time that it remains on your credit reports if you made a small payment now. Keep in mind that if you do let this account become Charged Off, it will most likely be sold to a debt collector and then you will have a Collection account in addition to the Charged Off account on your credit reports and Collections really hurt. If you have the money to pay in full, you should contact CareCredit and try to work something out, ask them if you pay the bill in full if they will remove it from your reports, it would be worth asking for, may not happen though. Have the money and be ready to make payment immediately if they agree. Don't start negotiating unless you are ready to pay in full.