Question

angrysaIad

Paying off credit cards, when will it reflect?
I am young and recently paid off all of my credit card debt. I am still in college, so my student loans sit at about $35k, but payments aren't due until after I graduate in 2016. I have about $100 used of my $2,550 credit limit because I just recently paid them off. I have never had a late payment, but was recently utilizing 90% of my credit.

After taking this 90% down to 5% and never missing a payment, should I see a major bump in my score next time my statements come out, or is it still a waiting game to see if I can keep up the low utilization?

Also do my loans play any role in my score if payments aren't due for another year?

As soon as the new utilization rate reports you should see a nice increase in scores. Congratulations on the progress.