Question

wifex30

Paying off bad debt , will it increase my score
Am I correct, in order to remove debt from my score, I need to contact the agency and request a pay for deletion on my account ? if so will that increase my score, also is there any way to remove a garnishment - I did try to negotiate, but they did not agree, (it still got paid at the rate I requested), but now is a black mark ?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, try to negotiate with your debtors to see if they will act out in good faith and remove the negative charge from your file once it is paid in full. Keep in mind they do not have to do so by law. Same thing with a wage garnishment: they had to obtain a court order to do so. (That means they paid extra money in order to collect this debt from you and are probably ticked off with you). 9 times out of 10 they will not remove the garnishment as it is a public record.... Good luck....