Question

SirSmith817

paying a charge-off
I have a credit card charge-off on my credit reports from 2012. I charged $125.00 over my original limit. This debt has never gone to collections. I have offered a pay for delete twice (half the first time, in full the second).They declined both. What should I do? I was told that, if I pay it, the account activity (seven years for removal) will start over. Is this true? If so, is it even worth paying? Please help.

You do have to be careful paying off such items as you can change the last date of activity and more recent derogs have a bigger impact even if paid.   CK isn't the best resource for addressing such topics and I recommend carefully researching on sites that speicfically address dealing with collections.