Question

ConfusedIndividual

Pay off Balance immediately or wait until Billing?
Hi,

I recently just received my first credit card. I plan to only use it when I know I have money in the back to be able to pay off the balance. I was wondering however, say I buy something worth $10 and a couple of days later it shows up on the credit card balance, is it more beneficial to pay that $10 off immediately, or is it better to keep the balance on the card, and wait until I am billed for the balances on the card and pay it all off immediately then?

I have read online that it is better to have a balance on the card during time of billing to show that the card is actually being used, but not have too high of a balance. But I also read that it is always better to pay off any balances standing on the card immediately.

So I guess I'm unsure of whether I should pay off balances as soon as they show up on my account or I should wait until I am billed then pay it off completely.

Thank you.

Wait until the bill comes in, then pay.  You might want to find the article on usage on this site to better understand why waitng is better.

You want one card to report a small balance each month (less than 10% of the credit line).