Question

marykitchens

Pay off $700 in debt or just try to build credit from here??
I have only about $700 in debt. They are between 2 and 4 years old each. My score is 510. I need to finance a new car. Where do I start?

With a credit score that low, you need to find out what else needs to be done to fix/improve your credit, because a new car is not on the docket right now.  Please read the articles on this site and utilize the financial tools provided here.  I found trhem very helpful.  Also, make sure to do an annual check of all three credit reports so you can make sure only your information is on your reports.

One major suggestion I read by a now-deceased multi-millionnaire who practiced what he preached and that is DO NOT buy a brand new car.  Go for one that is a year or two old.  You'll save thousands and the vehicle will still be very good for 8-10 or more years.My vehicle is now 10, I bought it 9 years ago and it's still getting compliments and providing a nice ride.