Question

xlovegabby

Paid off collections and closed credit card account. Now what?
My discover student card closed back in march 2013 and i have now paid off the full $800 as of last week October 2013. I have also paid off a paycheck advance loan that i was put in collections for in full. How long does it take for these payments to show in my score? What are my next steps? My credit score is 588 right now. My goal is to get it in the high 600's. I have been paying my car loan payments on time and my student loans are not payable until i graduate. I can't open a credit card to improve my score, because not one will accept me.