Question

agmilano1

Paid off all student loans-credit score dropped?
I recently paid off nearly $70,000 of student loans and was extremely excited to see how my credit score would increase. I had a 762 consistently for the 2 years I've been checking it monthly. After paying off the student loans, I now have a 748?! I'm confused as to why this would be.

This is my only debt other than 1 credit card which I use for business purposes so it has high monthly spend, but is paid in full monthly.

Could it be that now that the credit card is the only "debt" and i use over 30% monthly, even though I pay it off in full?

You hit the nail on the head.  Since the student loans are closed, you've lost those good accounts, payment history, age and utilization.  If you keep a balance of 1-3% on your credit card at all times, your score will increase.