Question

emericadude05

Paid in full for last collection. Will it come off my report and credit jump up?
I recenetly paid off my last debt in collections, and when I asked if they would remove it from my report, they said no. I know how this game works, and I tried to play hardball when I said nevermind, but they didnt budge. At the end, I ended up paying in full as planned. When I paid off my last collection, my score jumped up 22 points. Will it jump up again, and will it be removed from my collections on credit karma?

When you want a collection account to be removed from your credit report, you have to negotiate a "pay for delete" agreement with the company.  This can NOT be done via telephone because the people you are talking to do not have the authority to do this.  The negotiations are done via 'snail mail' in written letters, which you would keep copies of until after the agreement is reached and the debt paid.  This topic is covered in the articles here.

Likely, this account will remain on your credit report as paid but it will be part of your credit history for the next 7 years, then will drop off.  Once it drops, there will be an increase in your credit score.  How much, I can't say.  Keep all accounts paid on time and you should see steady improvement in your score.