Question

KimmieKaresAboutKredit

Paid collection debt 5 years ago, updated history to this month dropped my score
Collection account was paid with a negotiated balance over 5 years ago. The creditor updated the date from the paid date to this month and dropped my score 80+ points. The collection should have been close to falling off of my credit report and now it looks like the debt is recent. How can I get this fixed? Why would this happen? Am I doomed for a low score after all my hard work?

Dispute it

Dispute it. They will have to verify it and if it is 5 years ago, it won't affect your credit much at all. This happened to me with a late payment when the older company merged with the new, and the new company re-reported it as recent, even though it was from four years ago