Question

rebeccakel

One day late payment on new credit card
So I (thought I) scheduled a payment a few weeks ago for my Victoria's Secret credit card (Comenity Bank) that was due today. This is my first credit card that I signed up for on my own, other than a Bank of America CashRewards card I got last year. I've been super paranoid about making payments and keeping my credit score good, so I'm very worried about this late payment. I submitted a payment as soon as I realized I missed the deadline, but it was already 4 hours past the 8p.m. deadline. I've been incessantly scouring the Internet for answers and many people said that a late payment under 30 days won't show up on your credit score, but some said it still may show up. I'm not concerned about any late fees, but I'm very worried about the possibility of my credit score dropping, as I'll be graduating college in under two years and many online forums said that this mistake could show up for up to seven years.

Also, I made my payment online.

Don't worry, it won't affect your credit! Creditors will nail you with a late fee of $25 or $35 or so, but it doesn't get reported to the credit bureaus as late until it is thirty days late.
Thank goodness we don't have to be THAT perfect--the person who has paid every single bill on time, not even a day late, is a rare creature indeed.