Question

WithintheWake

Number of credit accounts?
How many credit accounts should you have in order to establish good credit? Should you have relatively few accounts or should you aim at having more?

That is a very good Question and it depends on who you talk with as you will get answers from none ( from like Dave Ramsey ) to a few ( like some folks here ) or to as many as you can manage ( other folks here at CK including myself. )

I currently has 14 Accounts,  12 Credit Cards ,  1 Home Equity Line of Credit ( HELC ) and one Auto Loan. 

All my accounts have a 0 Balance owed on them but my Auto Loan.  I'm ok with the Auto Loan.

All the other accounts but one will not be used for the next 6 to 12 months  as I test yet something else with my Accounts.

Towards the middle of 2015 might apply for 1 or 2 Credit Cards to add to my collection of accounts.   ( remember having a credit card does not mean you have to use it as it is a LINE OF CREDIT )

When ever you feel you have the need to use your Credit Card make sure you have the Monies in your account to pay it off the Next day.  If you don't then you don't need it.

Hope that helps.