Question

SeattleMan425

No matter what I do, my score will not go up...
For the past year, my main focus has been to repair my credit. I am 27 years old and have little education on how credit works up until now. Luckily i've had collections disputed and taken off. I now have 1 auto loan (3 years, never missed a payment, 3 payments left on loan), 1 very bad Credit One credit card (only one i can get approved for, 4 months history no late payments), and school loan for $12,XXX (3 year loan, all of 2015 was missed and very delinquent, but the past 6 months have automatic debit set up).

Its truly saddening and stressful how hard the process is to raise your credit score and fix mistakes. I've changed all my spending habits to make sure my credit increases. I used to be at 480 until I disputed collections which raised me to 594 but for some reason fell down to 544 now I am stuck here...

Patience is needed

You said you have been working on improving your credit for the past year, which is good,  And you said you didn't know much about credit until recently, but you aren't alone in that, which is why Credit Karma is here.  You expressed frustration about the fact your credit is not improving rapidly, which shows that you still need more credit education and I strongly suggest taking the time to read and heed the advice given in the articles on this site and using the financial tools.  Things on your credit report that are negatives will remain for 7 years before disappearing.  Those student loans currently remain due and payable until paid in full, no matter how long that takes.  You might be able to get into a loan rehab program to get the payments back on track so the negatives can be removed. You want a quick fix and that isn't going to happen but patience and persistence will.  I learned a lot from this site and I'm a whole lot older than you plus I'm on a fixed income.  You can enjoy the benefits of good credit if you take the time to learn what is needed and put it into practice, since practice makes perfect.