Question

Totodile

New to credit, credit cards. Where should I start?
I'm 22 and I've never had a credit card before, only a debit. I've been told having a credit card is a good, responsible thing to do, and since I'm getting a car soon, I figured it would be good to have some credit? I'm not sure where to start, what card to use or anything like that, so I could really use some advice.

Having a credit card (when used responsibly) is definitely a necessity to build and maintain good credit. I would advise you to go to Capital One website and try their preapproval and see what cards they show. Or try other credit card company preapprovals. Preapprovals do not give you a hard credit inquiry (learn about Hard Inquiries) before you start applying for credit. It depends on where you are at now credit wise as to whether you can get an unsecured card or a secured card (secured cards you have to put money down for collateral). Whatever you do, find a card that does not charge interest until beyond the due date, some cards like Credit One, charge you interest from the date that you use the credit. Check out Capital One, Stay away from Credit One. Also avoid cards that have a high annual fee or maintenance. I personally recommend Capital One.

Also I forgot, find a card that reports regularly to all three credit bureaus.