Question

TheGoodBoy

need to report credit card not included in credit reports
Two of the three nation-wide credit bureaus do not include in their report a credit card account that I have maintained since long time with my financial institution (a federal credit union). The line of credit was established with this US financial institution more than 10 years ago, well before I moved to the US and well before I had a social security number. Throughout the years, while I was living outside the US, I kept having this US credit card and used it sparingly. Payments were never late and always in full.

Very recently, I associated my social security number to that credit card and asked my financial institution to report that and previous credit cards numbers to the credit bureaus. Apparently, only Experian has picked it up, whereas Transunion and Equifax have not.
In addition to bogging my financial institution again, can I voluntarily indicate this to the credit bureaus? I understand that I can dispute information wrongfully showing in my credit reports, but can I dispute the "lack" of rightful information?

I should add that about a year ago I found out about the existance of a namesake of mine, with my same first and family name and same date of birth, but a different social security number. I found it out because this guy's financial information was mixed up with my Experian and Equifax reports. Only a few days ago I was able to get clean reports, but incomplete, as that credit card of mine does not show up and I am afraid that it might have ended up in my namesake's report after the bureaus were able to split them.

Any suggestions?

Creditors, including the credit union, do NOT report to all three credit bureaus.  They usually have only one they report to.  That is why we are advised to check all three credit reports every year to make sure all information is correct.  There is no way to force your credit union to report to all three credit bureaus and it is not important that they do so.  One is enough.