Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
Need to dispute Judgement On Report
In 2012, I was taken to court by an individual unsatisfied with work I had performed for him. The Magistrate awarded him $3,000 as he had requested. He and the Magistrate were long term friends so this judgment was no surprise. I immediately appealed the Magistrate ruling and took the case to Circuit Court. The Circuit Court Judge saw right through the claim and dismissed the case which left me owing the Plaintiff nothing. The $3,000.00 judgment is still on my credit report. My question is this. When asking the bureau's to eliminate this judgment from my report will the Dismissal Order from Circuit Court suffice as proof? I can't afford for this to remain on my report. I've been working diligently to make better credit choices before financing my home this year. This judgment has ruined all my hard work!

Thanks!! Travis

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.