Question

Soldierlover

Need help with two loans
My motorcycle loan was paid off two weeks ago but still shows on here. How long until it's gone and will it bring my credit up? And my student loans were postponed because I restarted school but will that still stay on my credit or will it go away until I'm done with school? Just new to credits and lost some jobs that turned me down for my credit even though it's on the fair range

Most Helpful Response

it will take atleast a month to show up maybe 2 depending on when its reported and when CK gets new info.....without knowing your report but you said your new to credit which probably means few accounts this will most likely bring your score DOWN because your paying off a long time loan....unless you had it for less then two years and it was a small loan @ $5,000 quick way to boost your score....take an extra $2,000 open a NEW savings account plus $85 for interest payments and take out a cash secured loan with the bank using that as collateral (banks love to do this because if you default they get there money back anyhow, but this way its fool proof) and then set it up to where the bank does autopay out of that account they take the 2k from the account and hold it you put the 2k they give you in the new account plus $85 and while this money will be frozen for 6 months you will be building credit after 6 months has passed you can pay the loan off in full if you want but you need to wait a minimum of 6 months then after the 6 months go for a quicksilver One (mastercard version) cash rewards card 1.5% cashback with a $39 annual fee so if you spend $2600 per year the cashback will pay the fee (in the form of a reward check back to you even though you technically have to pay $3 per month or lump $39) lowest score approved 563 average score approved 618 best to be 30+ points above the average which you should be

Your student loans stay on your credit report for 7 years after the date they are paid off.