Question

Cassie780ish

NEED HELP RAISING MY SCORE FAST Pleease advise
I was at 622 TU and 586 EQ the day I signed up for CK
I have struggled with credit due to divorce/ and 3 lay offs BK, etc. I have 1 student loan reporting in default and 2 reporting paid on time for 9 years. I new medical collection for $75 dropped my score by 20points. I have 1 car loan paid on time for 2 years and a previous real estate mortgage that has been paid off. I had 1 credit card that is old that I never use with comenity bank and the limit was lowered to $210. Two weeks after I signed up and read the reviews on a lot of CK customers I applied for the Sterling trifecta $3000 CL each (not happy because Sterling does report actual CL if you have more than 1 card. CB reports $1000 limit; CL split even though I can still charge $3000 at any given store at one time. This makes the utilization wrong and can hurt), a capital one quicksilver MC $500, a capital one platinum MC$1000, a Victoria secrets $250 and I just accepted a credit one with rewards $500 offer that was mailed to me because it was a better offer (low annual fee and minimal fees unless you missed payments or returned checks). I got these credit cards because I thought from reading the reviews that this will improve my credit by 100points in 5-6 months. I can say I think it has helped because the medical collection caused a dip and the 7 inquiries caused a dip and my score suffered for a week and it looks like it just bounced back almost to the original numbers even with the default and medical collection ( however I would like to get these off my CR). PLEASE TELL ANYTHING AND ALL I SHOULD DO TO GET THE CS SOARING. My 6 month goal is 680 and my 1 year goal is 780
current score 2/26/15 is TU 609 EQ 580 I believe my EXP 631

780 in a year is not likely to happen.  Raising credit scores is a slow process.  If people could raise their scores 200 points in a year the system would be meritless.  Set small benchmarks and be patient.  Good luck.  100% on time payments, low utilaztion, and low inquiries will get the ball rolling but it takes time.

going up

my scores 3/19/15 TU 625 EQ 586.  STILL LOOKING FOR ADVICE TO RAISE MY SCORE....