Question

lpt1215

Need Advice - Berks Credit & Collections - Medical Bills
I have four bills in collections with Berks Credit, ranging from $40-$150. I have been trying unsuccessfully for 1 1/2 years to have them removed from my credit file in exchange for payment. I have written letters every few months, and they have been ignored. They are due to fall from my reports in late 2017; however, I wish to purchase a home in the fall of 2016. I realize that paying these bills will have little or no effect on my score, unless they are removed from my credit file. Any suggestions on how to get Berks Credit to cooperate? I realize they do not have to comply. They are past the statue of limitations for my state. I am hesitant to pay without the deletion, have it simply marked "Paid in Full" or "Settled," and remain on my report for seven years from now. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

It would not be legal for them to be reported for another seven years. Many mortgage companies will not issue loans if you have open collections. I guess try a "pay for delete" offer a couple more times and if it doesn't work, then just pay them so they are paid and closed. Did you try to contact the original creditor and ask them to pull the account back from collections in exchange for your payment? You may want to attempt that if you haven't yet. If you are going to pay these without a "pfd agreement" I would do it before too long because if the accounts have not updated for a while it will cause a score decrease when you pay them because they will update and look fresh, that's why I say to do it long before you are getting ready to apply for a mortgage.