Question

Hammer1109

Need a new SUV with lower miles credit score around 620 right now.
Hello,
Both my wife and I have had established credit since we were 18 both now 27 and just over a month ago paid off all of our debit in collections. We ran into a rough patch when my daughter was born in 2009 then continued to have the same issues when I got a new job in 2011 then had twin sons the following year. Anyway I was looking into get us back on track last month by using my tax return to pay off all of our debit. Now about one month later both of our credits are bouncing around the 620 range and we are looking into getting a newer SUV that can accommodate our larger family. I was just wondering if anyone had any advise as to what we should do now. We are currently renting a home have one student loan with a payment of $95 and make a combined income of roughly $70,000+ a year. Currently looking at getting into a SUV for around $25,000 to $27,000 after taxes and fees. But I'm concerned about getting approved. It’s not a matter of affording it necessarily because I can afford roughly $400 a month. I just desperately need a good vehicle 3row SUV with lower miles. I should also add that I have a trade in worth about $1500 title in hand and I’m willing to put down roughly $3000+. What should I do? Can I get approved? How long should I wait for credit rebound? Should I inquire about a bank credit card to speed up the process of the credit rebound? HELP HELP HELP!

Thanks to all who respond!