Question

spaceid

Navient still reports FP on a debt that I am paying to Allied Interstate?
In November of 2014 I made an agreement with Allied Interstate to pay them a monthly amount for two private student loans from Navient that went into collections. I have been paying this amount every month since then. On my credit report, however, this payment does not show up and instead the loans which are listed as "charged off" still say that I have a failure to pay on them since November 2014. I am in a loan reduction program with Navient for a third private student loan and since this amount going to Allied Interstate does not show up on my credit report they will not take that payment into account when I have to prequalify for my rate reduction plan every year. Is there something fishy going on here? I feel as though I am throwing away $400 a month if those loans still say failure to pay everyone month on my credit report.

Have you checked your credit report from Experian? If it is being reported to them, you won't see it here. Make it your personal goal to check all three credit reports once a year. You will learn more by reading the articles presented here, too.

spaceid

I have checked my Experian report and that is where I initially saw that failure to pay.  I think what happened was that I thought Navient had sold two of my private loans to Allied Interstate, but apparently they have not.  They just use Allied Interstate to call me to try to get money for them.  It just confused me because when I talked to Navient a year ago, they did not believe me that I sent $401 to them every month because it did not show up on my credit report.  Even though those payments show up in my Navient account online.  I have to talk to them again this month for my rate reduction plan and I don't want to go through that whole conversation again of them teling me the $401 payment doesn't exist because it is not on my credit report.