Question

lucasparker

Name Change update and credit reports
I have changed my name so i informed the creditors and the buroes. The creditors have updated my name and send me new cards and statements with new name. Transunion has added my name to my credit file but Experian and Equifax just deleted my previous name and updated my new name. So if a creditor pulls my account from Experian or Equifax they cannot see my credit history for years back from my name change. Because the creditors that the accounts closed have been reporting with my old name . As Transunion added my name everything is fine but for Experian and Equifax those data is missing because they have my new name only. This causes a short history which is not good for credit health. I talked to them on the phone but i could not have any solution. I need to match everything , right? Does anyone know what to do? Thanks

Thats not generally how it works

When i got married I changed my name. I notified all 3 credit bureaus as well as my creditors.

My credit reports still show my old name as well as my new hyphinated last name. It also shows my artists pseudonym that i conduct business with.

nothing else changed on my report. my complete histrory is reported. 

If things have changed on your report. Write a letter to the Credit Bureaus asking for your complete credit history to be reported. give all the particulars such as old names and the new one. if you have a copy of an old report, include a copy.