Question

5yenem

n the amount of 100 dollars for a medical bill from 2011.
I was surprised to hear I had a bill from an emergency service I received while out of state on vacation. As I never received a bill and assumed my insurance picked up 100%. This is not nor has it ever been on my credit report. Paying is no problem however I am worried that if I do pay this will than go on my credit report as a open collection or a settled collection possibly lowering my score. Any thoughts?

It likely won't go on your credit report if you pay it off, since the bill comes from the ambulance service - Ambulance services almost always bill separately from the hospital, doctor, etc. Now not paying it off will likely end up putting a derogatory mark on your credit report. 

Pay it! Not paying will bring a much greater chance of it hitting your credit reports.