my transunion score is up in the 790s..yet my credit karma score remains at 754 for at least 4 wks
i'm understanding transunion (true credit)is being used..why the discrepancy...ty

badladtad

The 790 you quote could be the new TransUnion Vantage score, which has a higher range. CK uses the traditional TransUnion score.

Response by
browno

The traditional TU score has a range of 300 - 850, whereas the Vantage score has a range of 500-990. They introduced VantageScore as a way of better recognizing responsible utilization, which makes up ~23% of it. People see a large difference between traditional and Vantage scores, and it is completely normal. Just compare like-with-like scores to remove confusion.

browno

almost understanding..but yet i had a traditional trans score at beginning of 10 in the 7s..then they went to this vantage score and it dropped to hi 690s..meaning more value on vantage score?right?..now i'm up close to 800 vantage wise..and ck still with tradional score that they lowered?..make sense?..anyway i thank you for response..and anything you can add..also i'm quite happy with both scores..just was hoping ck would follow suit

badladtad

It may be that you have to push the update button for your score. I thought my score hadn't changed for 9 months until I realized I needed to request them to update my score.

Response by
hope838

lol...yes i do hit the update button...but thank you

badladtad

Submit to the Community