My Son & I Are Jr. & Sr. - This Has Been A Credit Reporting Nightmare For Me!
In 2010 I signed the mortgage for my son to be able to purchase a home since he had poor credit. His address has shown up as one of mine ever since then. I recently found that one of his bad debts to a doctor's office had been assigned to my credit report. No one from the doctor's office to his billing office to the debt collection agency would admit fault with it being placed on my report instead of my son's, they all blamed the credit reporting agency. I disputed and it was just taken off last month from my report but then recently I received a letter from a bank which held a little used department store credit card informing me that due to serious delinquencies, too few accounts currently paid as agreed, etc. that were obtained from Transunion they cancelled the card. They also stated that my external credit score had been used in this evaluation for credit. The score they showed was 565 obtained on March 19, 2015, mine has been over 800 ever since I had the bad debt removed via my dispute with Equifax beginning this past February. I called Synchrony Bank which by the way holds another card in my name with Lowes and discussed their error with a CS rep and she assured me she would pass on their credit decision error to someone above her but other than that how do I fight their stupidity. As I mentioned to her they had to have my billing address and at least the last four digits of my social that someone with a brain surely could have compared to the report they received from Transunion and seen that the report they received wasn't mine but I'm assuming the kiss of death for me is my son's address showing up on my reports. I've taken the step of requesting only my home address be shown on my report and I've contacted the mortgage holder and requested that they change their reported address on the loan to my home address in hopes that this will end any future mix up as to the incorrect reporting of our credit reports. Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can prevent this from happening in the future. I've considered asking all of my creditors to change my reporting name with Sr. after my name but not sure if this would work or not. I always thought my social would always be used to determine who I am in the world of credit but I guess I'm wrong.