My score went down -9 points when i applied for discover credit card
My score went down -9 points when i applied for discover credit card and i was denied so i have only 1 hard inquiry on my credit score , does it mean that my credit score will not go up anymore or what ? is it mean that the -9 points will be deducted every time out of my score...and how long this hard inquiry will be there (Discover credit card ), i don't have any late payments on anything this is my first time applying for a credit card, so is it a big deal i should care about....please advice

Thank You