Question

SharsCredit

My score went down 3 pts. Can't figure out why. The only debt I have is a mort & it's 2 mos ahead.
My bankruptcy was completed in March of last year. I have no debt other than my mortgage and I have been paying ahead with a little toward principle every month. But my credit score is going down. It's not making sense to me. If you pay everything off, current on what you do have, shouldn't your score go up?

Don't worry about a few points, scores will fluctuate a little. I advise you to watch your FICO scores too when in the process of building credit. If the only active account that you have on your credit reports is your mortgage, I advise at least getting one credit card even if it has to be secured. Capital One is a good company to get one with (even if you have had a delinquent account with them in the past, they don't hold grudges). The basic credit building tools are three credit cards and one installment loan that are reported to all three credit bureaus. Make sure that you take the time to read everything that you can about building and maintaining good credit.