Question

amgeminis

My score was 712 last week now its 692 what can I do to raise my credit score ?

Most Helpful Response

Since we can't see any of your credit information (that is good, for your safety) it's hard to say what happened.  Did you close any credit card accountys?  If so, that was a bad idea since a good credit score depends a lot on how much credit you have been granted.  If you paid any credit cards before the closing date instead of making sure they got in close to the DUE date,  then you hurt utilization which will hurt your score.  If you increased your utilization by- making more charges than usual, that can hurt.  The ideal utilizatioin rate is 10% or lower and paying all accounts in full every month after receivng the statement is good for your score.

These are just some common errors.  The articles on this site have more information which is good to know.

amgeminis

I have been paying my accounts more than my purchases per month, I opened a new account AMEX , I did not cancel any credit cards, my score from 712 came down to 629 which is a big drop, I would like to know what caused this big drop on my score..

thank you

What is the reason my score wwent down.