Question

Rickfm

My score is stuck at 691 from a foreclosure in Feb 2012.
My credit is spotless otherwise. I have several credit cards and department store cards that I do not use and am wondering if closing them will help raise my score. I have a strong, predictable income. Any suggestions?

NO!!NO!!NO!!

Do not cancel those credit cards!!!  They give your credit score an "available credit" which is a positive.  If you cancelled the cards, that positive would vanish and your credit score likely will drop. The foreclosure is a negative on your score that will eventually disappear.  Keep all accounts paid as agreed on time and the positives will do great for your credit score.