Question

shalundria

my score is 531 im a student i want a secured card but dont know which one
I live on my own and I'm a college student so I don't have much money to spare but people told the only way to get my credit score up is through secure credit cards I tried getting one through bank of America but I didn't get approved do anybody know any easy to get approved cards

extra info I don't have any credit cards or loans on my credit.

Not all secured cards report to the credit bureaus. Prior to making an application for another card make sure they report. Otherwise it will do you no good to have it.

Bank of America is hard to get

Try Capital One since your score is low and they would probably approve you. Look at the recommendations in your profile it will list cards that you would most likely be approved for. I got approved for a Capital One secured card and put $300 down and have a $300 limit. I had a credit karma score of 543 when I first applied and got approved. Since getting the card my score has went up about 30 points in one month. The other poster is correct that not all secure cards report but Capital One reports quite often so it's a great place to start. Also if you have any collections try to take care of them since that can help your score. 

I have both capital one and bank of america secured. The downside of capital one is the annual fee that'll be there for a while but at 29 dollars, it's won't break the bank.

bank of america has an annual fee but in 12 months of solid use and no missed payments it could graduate to a non secured card and you get your deposit back. With the capital one, I dont think that's possible, though they will review your account for a credit limit increase after 6 months. However they are very reliable reporting to the 3 bureaus. Some of these secured cards require a bank account like the wells fargo card but not the capital one and BofA