Question

ChaCha2015

My score dropped after a collection item was removed & 1 CC bal 0.
Since my last report on 7/7/15 a collection item was removed from my Transunion report and a credit card I paid off in June now reflects a zero bal. One would think this would create an increase to my score but it drop by 5pts. My Equifax rose by 10pts and they reflect a more accurate balance on my current credit line. Confused by Credit Karma...

Most Helpful Response

How credit reporting/scoring is done.

Credit reporting and scoring is NOT done by CK.... The information in your credit report is at the credit bureaus.  AND the credit score you see here on CK is ALSO done at the credit bureaus.  CK only requests that the credit bureaus release the information via their website. 

When a company asks the credit bureaus for your credit report, they also ask that the credit bureaus calculate your score with one of hundreds of different calculators available at the credit bureaus. (CK chooses the VantageScore 3.0 scoring model to be used.)  Since you can’t have a credit score without a credit report, all calculations are done by the credit bureaus at the time of the request.