Question

cmk8711

my score dropped 46 points!?
It was inaccuracies on my experian report, they were recent and not old. 2 negative accounts disputed and removed, I was thrilled they would be removed . but the day they were removed my score dropped by 46 points! and they werent old accounts, they were very recent and fresh, so it cant be due to reducing average age of accounts. Nothing else could have changed it, no new inquiries, or anything else happened to cause the drop, so why? I mean I even used the same site, so the fluctuation couldnt be a difference in scoring systems.

by getting them removed you reduced the total number of accounts. The fact that they were newer accounts may have weight in significantly

cmk8711

exactly, losing two new accounts should have helped my average age of accounts. because i have a 7yr old account and an 8 year old account, having thoses newer ones brought down the average age majorly. I guess number of accounts is more important, than the average age of accounts. oh well.

Thank you :)